Share this post
October 5th and 6th 10 AM Eastern time.
True How-To Online Workshop. Step by step, every section covered including excellent data resources, & deep literature search tools to help you classify your products correctly. How to properly evaluate existing SDS’s from suppliers.
- 4 x 2-hour jam-packed sessions!
- US & Canadian (HCS 2012 US & WHMIS 2015) GHS SDS Authoring Classification, and labeling. (EU CLP available as an optional add-on)
Session 1 (2 Hrs): Oct 5, 10am – 12pm
- Background on GHS and the current Regulations in the US and Canada including deadlines for compliance;
- Exemptions, Trade Secrets, and Update requirements;
- Classification – Hierarchy of data and Physical Hazard Classification endpoints review.
In the first session, we will focus on the background and current legislation regarding GHS implementation in the US and Canada, including deadlines for compliance; exemptions; treatment of trade secrets; updating documents. Additionally, we will begin to look at the classification of substances into Physical Hazard endpoints.
Breaktime: (45 minutes)
Session 2 Oct 5, 1pm – 3pm
- Continuation of Classification of Physical Hazard endpoints;
- US- and Canadian-specific hazards;
- Toxicological (Health) hazard classification endpoint review.
In session two, we will finish up the Physical Hazard endpoints, including the US- and Canadian-specific hazards (non-GHS). Then we move on to the Health Hazard endpoint review.
Session 3 (2 Hrs) Oct 6, 10am – 12pm
- Continuation of Health Hazard endpoints;
- Canadian-specific hazards;
- Mixture classification rules;
- Effective literature searching for SDS authoring.
Session three continues where we left off with the Health Hazard endpoints including Canadian-specific health hazards and mixture classification rules for Health Hazard endpoints. We finish up the day with effective literature searching strategies.
Breaktime: (45 minutes)
Session 4 Oct 6, 1pm – 3pm
- Labeling requirements – including harmonization pitfalls;
- SDS Content and layout;
- Review of sample product SDS and label.
Here is where we pull it all together and look at labeling requirements (including potential issues of non-harmonization between the US and Canada), SDS content and layout. We finish our program with a review of a sample product SDS and label.Our online training performed through WebEx will also give you access to the full recording(s) so you can watch over and over again complete with the power point presentation.
Onsite training available! We can come to you, onsite at your location to provide a 1 or 2 day training, ask for details.
Large groups or small.
Please contact us for pricing details or group rates.